Monday, August 22, 2011

Random Acts of Kindness

Hello Ladies.  I heard on the radio this morning something about Random Acts of Kindness – and I wanted to encourage you to act on those nudges you’ve been feeling lately.  I’m sure you know what I mean…those times when you see someone in need and in the instant of the decision, you look away.  Unfortunately I was guilty of that just the other day.  I saw a woman in a wheelchair trying to make her way to the restroom in a crowded airport.  Not sure where they airport assistant was, but she was trying to turn those big wheels while holding a purse and another bag on her lap.  She wasn’t elderly and in that instant when I saw her, my mind quickly convinced me she would get where she was going.  Less than ten steps on my journey, I turned back to see a woman offering help and starting to push her.  Shoot.  Forgive me, Lord.  Forgive me when I put my needs – real or imagined – before those of another person.  I love that you have created me to be different and I am saddened when I act normal.

So please use me as an example of what not to do this week (and all weeks thereafter.)   When you feel that nudge – jump on the opportunity to allow the Light of the World to shine brightly through you.  Hold that door open, carry the heavy bag, take the extra steps, offer to babysit, pay for the coffee.  In your everyday circumstances, be alert to the needs of others.  You’ll be so glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers